Emergency services called to Norwich Airport after reports of plane circling Norfolk
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Emergency services have been called to Norwich Airport after reports of a plane circling over Norfolk.
The flight from Norwich to Dalaman, Turkey, took off at 7.49pm and was circling over Norfolk since shortly after take off to around 9pm.
It was then diverted to Brussels Airport where it landed as of around 9.45pm.
Norfolk Police confirmed that Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were the lead on the incident, and that the force was providing road blocks near the airport.
The road blocks were removed at 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman said eight crews were called to the scene.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire