Norwich accent ranked 45th sexiest in England
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2009
At least we beat Birmingham.
It's bad news for Norwich in a new ranking which had rated all 51 English cities by the sexiness of their accent.
The city's accent was described in the list as 'beige' and only narrowly beat the Brummies - who came in last place.
Our friends in the east fared much better, with the sweet sound of the Cambridge accent earning it a spot at number three and Ely and Peterborough ranked at 11 and 34 respectively.
It was mint news for Manchester who came out on top, but that's probably got something to do with the fact the list was created by website Lovin' Manchester.
However, the bias doesn't seem to have affected the other highly-ranked cities - with a mix of north, south, east and west in the top 10.
Do you think the Norwich accent is sexy? Vote in our poll.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out
Full list of England's sexiest accents
44. St Albans