Norwich accent ranked 45th sexiest in England
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2009
At least we beat Birmingham.
It's bad news for Norwich in a new ranking which had rated all 51 English cities by the sexiness of their accent.
The city's accent was described in the list as 'beige' and only narrowly beat the Brummies - who came in last place.
Our friends in the east fared much better, with the sweet sound of the Cambridge accent earning it a spot at number three and Ely and Peterborough ranked at 11 and 34 respectively.
It was mint news for Manchester who came out on top, but that's probably got something to do with the fact the list was created by website Lovin' Manchester.
You may also want to watch:
However, the bias doesn't seem to have affected the other highly-ranked cities - with a mix of north, south, east and west in the top 10.
Do you think the Norwich accent is sexy? Vote in our poll.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
Full list of England's sexiest accents
44. St Albans