Norwich 21-year-old cycling from London to Paris for MAP youth support charity
- Credit: MAP
A young cyclist who has heart problems is raising money for a youth charity by attempting to ride 300 miles in four days from London to Paris.
Jay Keenan, 21, from Norwich, has only been cycling seriously for a year and has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which affects the blood flow and oxygen around his body ultimately causing chest pains and breathlessness.
Mr Keenan wants to raise £250 for MAP, which offers free advice, guidance and counselling for young people aged 11-25 in Norfolk and Suffolk, through his gruelling challenge.
He will join 160 other cyclists for the London-Paris sportive which leaves Crystal Palace on September 13 and finishes at the Eiffel Tower.
The 21-year-old said: 'My first proper cycle ride was a year ago from Norwich to Cromer and it was a real challenge.'
To donate visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com and search Jay Keenan.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 9 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 10 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home