Norwich church offers shelter for city’s homeless as forecasters predict more snow
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich church will be opening its doors to homeless people in the city.
Silver Road Baptist Church will welcome rough sleepers for three nights as forecasters say more snow is on the way.
Those in need will be able to stay from 8pm on Friday, March 16 to 8am on Monday, March 19.
A yellow warning for ice and snow is in place for nearly 57 hours over the weekend.
READ MORE: Fresh weather warning issued for snow across Norfolk and WaveneyDuring the first week of March, the 'Beast from the East' brought more than 20cm snow to areas across Norfolk.
St Peter Mancroft Church provided beds to the homeless at that time.
Louise Riseborough, the grand master of the Knights Templars in Walsingham, who helped organise the shelter, said: 'We would appreciate any donations or support from the public, in particular we are in need of rucksacks, boots for men, sleeping bags, pop-up tents, warm clothing such as jumpers, hats, scarves and gloves and toiletries.'
For more information call Louise on 07503879266 or email email@example.com
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 4 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 5 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 6 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 7 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 8 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 10 Three cars crash near Swainsthorpe on Norwich Road