Northwold school worker receives care award
A worker at a specialist school near Thetford has received a prestigious care award after being nominated by one of her students.
Wanda Rose, a key worker at Priory Sheridan School in Northwold, is one of only five people recognised for exceptional care by the Norfolk in Care Council (NICC) from hundreds of entrants. She was awarded the title of Norfolk County Care outstanding residential worker in a ceremony in Norwich.
The award gives young people the opportunity to nominate an adult professional who has made a significant difference in their life.
She said: 'It is always pleasing to have your work recognised but it is very special that one of the students has taken the time to nominate me for this recognition. I don't feel that I do anything out of the ordinary, but I am delighted that I have been able to make such a positive impression on one of our students and very proud to receive this award.'
Sheridan School is a specialist residential school for boys and girls aged 8 to 19 who have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties with learning difficulties including autism.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Clark, principal at Sheridan School said: 'The quality of the care and education we provide to our students is paramount. However, sometimes it is the little things that make a big difference and Wanda undoubtedly has a fantastic attitude.'
'Concern for the young person, patience and the willingness to go the extra mile are fantastic qualities for anyone working within a specialist education setting and Wanda is a perfect example of this. We are all very proud of her.'
- 1 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help