Road to be closed and traffic diverted to 'resolve flooding issue'
- Credit: Google Images
Drivers could face delays as a road is temporarily closed and traffic is diverted.
Suffolk Highways will temporarily close Northgate in Beccles for evening works to repair kerbs and alleviate flooding issues.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the work is being carried out from 7.30pm on Friday, May 21.
Suffolk Highways said Northgate in Beccles will be closed from 7.30pm to 11pm to "Reset kerbs and resolve flooding issue caused by low kerbs."
Traffic will be diverted via Saltgate, The Walk, Market Street, Station Road, George Westwood Way, A146, London Road, Gillingham Dam, Bridge Street.
You may also want to watch:
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses are being warned of the temporary closure.
A post on the First bus website said: "This will affect two X21 journeys towards Norwich (19.00 and 21.30 ex Lowestoft).
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
"These journeys will operate Saltgate, Market Street, Station Road and George Westwood Way to resume the usual route at the A146. Gillingham will not be served by these journeys.
"Journeys from Norwich are unaffected."
For the latest delays on the roads visit Live Traffic Map.