North Walsham to stage Flog It-style street auction in aid of Fun Day
Pub landlord and town councillor Pete Edge is doing his bit to help North Walsham's annual Fun Day with a series of fundraising events.
Mr Edge, who runs the town's White Swan pub, on Church Street, is planning a doubles pool competition tomorrow, (Sunday October 23, from 2pm), a street auction next month in the style of TV's Flog It, plus a darts competition.
Proceeds from all events will boost the coffers of the annual community attraction which, for the first time in its history, will expand from one to three days next June.
He is appealing for donations to the street auction and a raffle.
The street auction, in North Walsham Market Place on Sunday November 6 from 1pm, will include singing and comedy from local entertainer Steve Pyeverotti.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Edge said he would welcome donations to be auctioned.
'I need people's help with this. I'm asking them to look in their attics and cellars and see if they can come up with some goodies,' he added.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
'I don't care what it is, as long as it will sell and is sensible! All the money raised will stay local for the good of the community.'
Local businesses had already begun contributing vouchers and other prizes to a raffle which would be drawn in the White Swan at 6pm on November 6.
Any donations can be handed in at the pub.
Pool players are welcome to take part in tomorrow's competition. Entry is £5, with a £100 prize for the winner.
Mr Edge is also appealing for teams to enter a darts competition for the cause, at the White Swan on November 13 from 2pm. Entry is £10 per team with a £100 first prize.