North Walsham school friends supported by local Sainsbury store
The Friends of North Walsham Infant School and Nursery have got a new friend of their own in the shape of the town's Sainsbury store.
The group has chosen as the supermarket's charity partner for 2011/2012 after the store asked its North Walsham customers which local charity they should support.
The Friends work to provide the children with extra facilities for learning. Over the next 12 months they will benefit from money donated through fundraising which will go towards an outdoor classroom for the children at Manor Road.
Friends spokesman Helen Taylor said: 'We're really excited and would like to thank everyone in the community who voted for us.
'We will be planning fundraising activities with the store colleagues in the coming weeks and we hope that customers will support the store's efforts in the coming months'.
The store plans to launch the partnership with The Friends by holding a fundraising day in store on Saturday July 9.
Store manager Rob Wilkinson said they were pleased to supporting a worthy causes. ' We'll be letting our customers know of our fundraising plans and we hope they can join our colleagues in helping to support them'.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 6 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 7 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 8 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 9 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?