North Walsham’s former Divine building and Aylsham Lodge Hotel sold at auction
North Walsham's former Divine restaurant, which later became CST's Bar and Grill, sold for �75,000 at auction on Monday.
The site, empty for more than a year, holds centre place in the town's semi-derelict St Nicholas Court, and is seen as key to the future of the shopping precinct.
It was sold under the 'Leisure' section of the auction, held at London's Park Lane Hotel.
Auctioneers Allsops declined to disclose details of the buyer. Among other lots in the sale was the Aylsham Lodge Hotel, on the town's Norwich Road, which sold for �260,000. Ranald Maxted has a lease on the business until 2019.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal