Good Neighbour scheme celebrates amazing volunteers
- Credit: North Walsham Good Neighbour Scheme
Volunteers who have been helping others around North Walsham have been honoured at a special celebration.
North Walsham Good Neighbours held the gathering to thank its volunteers, as well as to celebrate the golden anniversary of two of volunteers, Paul and Judy Robinson.
Mrs Robinson has become the first volunteer to complete 500 jobs in the scheme, which was founded six years ago.
Richard Barker, chairman of the group, said: “We could not miss celebrating this important anniversary with those who are the life-blood of the scheme.
"Since we began in September 2015 our volunteers have done thousands of jobs for hundreds of neighbours in the town."
You may also want to watch:
The group also delivered cream teas to more than 100 people in the community they support as part of the celebration.
Anyone who needs support from the scheme or would like to join the volunteer team can call 01692 558321 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life