North Walsham gas leak forces residents from their homes
- Credit: James Bass
A number of people had to be evacuated from their homes following a gas leak in North Walsham.
The gas escaped when a vehicle crashed into the gates of a garage on Laundry Loke which then struck a service pipe regulator shortly before 8.30am on Monday.
Laundry Loke, Folgate Road and Gaymers Way were temporarily closed while National Grid engineers dealt with the incident.
Residents were able to return to their homes after the gas supply to the garage was isolated and the road closures were lifted by 11am. A new service pipe to the garage is being laid.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 6 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge