North Walsham gas leak forces residents from their homes
- Credit: James Bass
A number of people had to be evacuated from their homes following a gas leak in North Walsham.
The gas escaped when a vehicle crashed into the gates of a garage on Laundry Loke which then struck a service pipe regulator shortly before 8.30am on Monday.
Laundry Loke, Folgate Road and Gaymers Way were temporarily closed while National Grid engineers dealt with the incident.
Residents were able to return to their homes after the gas supply to the garage was isolated and the road closures were lifted by 11am. A new service pipe to the garage is being laid.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?