'This will be a stepping stone' - North Walsham showcase to be held virtually
- Credit: Archant
An event aimed at showcasing the activities and services offered by North Walsham will be held online due to concerns around the pandemic.
North Walsham Big Bash, which was cancelled last year due to Covid restrictions, will offer a wide variety of live online events from May 5 to May 8, such as cooking classes, arts and crafts workshops and photography sessions.
Organisers of the event, which was held for the first time in 2019 at North Walsham Community Centre, are hoping the event will return on a face to face basis in 2021, but said they felt this year's had to go ahead as soon as possible rather than waiting a few months for a potential physical return.
Paul Robinson, secretary of organisers NW Think Carer Network, said: "Hopefully, this will be a stepping stone to a further event next year which would be back in the community centre."
Big Bash sessions and events will be open for all to attend free of charge, with an aim of connecting people who may feel isolated in the town.
You may also want to watch:
Details of how to take part in the events can be found on the event Facebook page at @NWBIGBASH2021.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder