North Suffolk homes to be offered free insulation
FREE cavity wall and loft insulation is being offered to all residents in Waveney and Suffolk with anyone interested having to register by September 30.
One in five Suffolk households is in fuel poverty yet over a quarter of homes in Suffolk do not have cavity wall or adequate loft insulation.
Insulating a property is said to be the single most effective way of reducing the impact of rising fuel prices. According to figures from the Energy Saving Trust, cavity wall insulation can typically reduce fuel bills by �135 per year, whilst loft insulation typically can reduce bills by �175.
Although subject to survey, access and existing levels of insulation, the insulation offer is not dependant on income levels or age of applicants.
The scheme involves local authorities in partnership with accredited local companies to provide free insulation.
Lisa Chambers, Suffolk County Council's cabinet member for environment and property management, said: 'Summer may have only just arrived, but we would like to urge Suffolk residents to think ahead and get their homes properly insulated well in advance of next winter.
'This is also a great way to save money and play your part in Suffolk's ambition to be the Greenest County.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 6 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 7 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 8 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Flytippers and paedophiles
In order to encourage the public to take up the time limited offer, Waveney schools, sports clubs, charities and community groups are asked to promote the campaign - and by doing so will be financially rewarded.
The Greener Homes community cash-back scheme works by school, clubs and groups registering on-line at www.greensuffolk.org/cashback and then assisting the campaign by displaying posters and distributing leaflets to parents and members.
In return they will receive a �15 for every home insulated funded by the large energy companies. Just seventy installations will raise over �1,000 for a school or community group.
?To apply for the free cavity and loft insulation call 0845 603 7686 or visit www.greensuffolk.org/toast