North Norfolk GP practice first to receive outstanding CQC rating
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk GP practice has been ranked among the best in the country after being rated outstanding by the independent regulator of health and social care.
Ludham and Stalham Green Surgeries received an overall rating of outstanding from the Care Quality Commission (CQC), for delivering services that are particularly well-led and caring.
It's the first time a north Norfolk practice has been awarded an outstanding rating; putting them in the top 4pc of practices in the country.
Janet Williamson, deputy chief inspector of general practice and dentistry in CQC's central region, said: 'It is clear these GP practices are providing an exemplary service to the people living in the areas they serve.
'The hard work of the staff who work at these services is making a real difference to patients. This is why we have found these practices to be outstanding.'
You may also want to watch:
Patients gave extremely positive feedback about their care. They said they were treated with compassion, dignity and respect and they were involved in their care and decisions about their treatment. Data from the national GP patient survey published in July 2016 showed that patients rated their satisfaction with the practice above 90pc for all aspects of care.
Sally Ross-Benham, head of primary Care at North Norfolk CCG, said: 'Well done to Ludham and Stalham Green Surgery for their outstanding rating demonstrating their commitment to providing excellent services to patients in the North Norfolk area.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
'We are really pleased that the surgery has been recognised by the CQC for its hard work and dedication to the community.'
Dr Sale, senior GP partner and CQC registered manager at the surgeries, said they had built on a strong tradition of caring and high quality service for patients.
He added: 'I am proud and delighted that the hard work and commitment of the whole team has been recognised by the CQC as outstanding.'
Laura Holder, the surgeries' practice manager, said: 'The team are thrilled with the recognition of the surgeries as a warm, friendly, traditional family practice which gives excellent professional clinical care to our community.
'We would like to thank our patients and our patient participation group for their feedback and involvement in the inspection.'