North Norfolk District Council invites bids for cash from its �450,000 big society fund
Town and parish councils in north Norfolk, along with voluntary and community organisations, are being offered the chance to apply for grants from a new 'big society' fund.
North Norfolk District Council's (NNDC) fund, which is being launched on Monday March 26, has �450,000 available for 2012/13, and offers grants to community projects intended to improve or support the wellbeing of communities and/or deliver improvements to the local economy in north Norfolk.
The council said the aim was for the grants to be easy to access for a wide range of community and charitable organisations and applications would be considered throughout the year.
The fund will be overseen by a cross-party board of district council members, while day-to-day administration will be undertaken on the council's behalf by the Norfolk Community Foundation, to which organisation all applications should be made.
Applications are invited from April 2 and those submitted before May 4 will be considered at the first meeting of the board on May 21.
Trevor Ivory, NNDC cabinet member for localism and the big society, said: 'We are very excited to be able to offer this support to North Norfolk's communities and voluntary groups, especially at a time when funding is in short supply.'
? For further information on the fund and details of how to apply, visit www.northnorfolk.org/bigsocietyfund.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 4 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 5 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 6 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 7 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 8 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police