Could you perform in this upcoming opera?
- Credit: The North Norfolk Chamber Opera
Two nights of music are being held to give people a taste of an upcoming opera and to see if they would like to audition to be part of the show.
Next year, the North Norfolk Chamber Opera will put on a production of The Coronation of Poppea, by Claudio Monteverdi.
The opera was composed specifically to be performed in a church and is destined to be put on in St Margaret’s Church, Cley, in May 2022.
But in order to attract interest from people who might want to audition, the group is putting on two nights of from the opera.
The performances will take place on September 13 and 20 from 7.30pm at The Holt Youth Project in Old Station Way.
You may also want to watch:
Auditions for the 20 named roles in The Coronation of Poppea will be held shortly afterwards. No auditions are necessary to sing as part of the ensemble.
For full details visit www.northnorfolkchamberopera.co.uk.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash