More than £1,000 raised for charities at Fakenham fundraiser
- Credit: NNDC
More than £1,000 has been raised for a pair of charities at an event in Fakenham.
Councillor Jeremy Punchard, chairman of North Norfolk District Council, hosted the fundraiser in the Prince of Wales stand at the town's racecourse on Thursday (October 7).
An employee of the Fire and Rescue Service, he chose Norfolk and Waveney Mind and the Firefighters Charity as the beneficiaries of £1,170.
The Firefighters Charity donated some decommissioned helmets, which have been customized by local artists and were on show at the event.
They will then be auctioned off at a later date at an event at the Sir Isaac Newton College in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk and Waveney Mind were accompanied by David Warde, who has become an ambassador for the charity since using their help to get through a chapter in his life struggling with mental health.
Mr Warde said that calls to them had gone up 200pc during Covid.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
The event was sponsored by local businesses to donate to local causes.