Seal found severely wounded on Norfolk beach
- Credit: Archant
A young grey seal has been rescued after being found on a Norfolk beach with severe injuries.
She was spotted caught in green netting at Bacton, on the north Norfolk coast, by passers-by at around 7.15am on Wednesday morning.
First responders at Seal and Shore Watch UK were quickly called to the beach, where they discovered the seal in pain.
The netting was caught around her back flippers and, every time she tried to move, it was pulling tighter around her neck and making her call out in pain.
The seal - who has now been named Bouncy Castle - was taken to East Winch Wildlife Centre to be treated for her injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Seal and Shore Watch UK said: "Bouncy Castle's neck has lesions all around, with damage to the soft tissue and the area already infected.
"She will have been given antibiotics and painkillers and will continue to do so until all her wounds and infection have cleared up.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 10 City draw up target list
"Let's all wish her well for a speedy recovery."