Youth group to go online with anti-bullying conference
- Credit: NYAB
A group which represents young people across the county is hosting its first online conference - with an important matter at its heart.
On Thursday, the Norfolk Youth Advisory Board is hosting a full day of talks, workshops and activities, in its second annual anti-bullying conference.
However, given the Covid-19 pandemic, this year the Norfolk Youth Against Bullying Conference is being held entirely online, through video conferencing.
Among the speakers are Dr Nathalie Noret from York St John University, who will give a lecture on cyber bullying and representatives from youth charity MAP, Norfolk Constabulary and the Norfolk LGBT+ Project.
As well as lectures, the event will also feature a range of training workshops aimed at both young people and adult professionals.
You may also want to watch:
It is now too late for people to register to attend, but the all-day event, which starts at 9am and runs until 6.15pm, will be made available to stream online in its entirety on YouTube in the coming weeks.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show