Norfolk village stunned by sudden death of schoolgirl Jessica Collins
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A village has been rocked by the sudden death of a 14 year old girl.
Police were called to an address in Hopton where the girl, named locally as Jessica Collins, was pronounced dead.
The teenager was a pupil at Cliff Park Ormiston Academy in Gorleston.
No official cause of death has yet been given but police say there are no suspicious circumstances.
Rob Sherington, Principal of Cliff Park Ormiston Academy, said: 'All of our thoughts and deepest sympathies are with Jessica's family and loved ones at this difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
'Jessica was an extremely well-liked, talented girl, and we all already miss her terribly.
'Students, staff and the wider community are incredibly saddened and have been pulling together to support each other. The academy is providing every help that we can, and care professionals have been on site at the school to support our students and help them come to terms with this tragic loss.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 8 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 9 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 10 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
'Students have already set up a fund in memory of Jessica. They are also planning to wear pink roses or ribbons at Saturday's sports dinner in Jessica's honour.
'I know I speak for everyone in saying that we will always remember Jessica with great fondness, and the outstanding contribution she has made to our school.'
A police spokesman said: 'Officers attended an address in Hopton on Wednesday morning following concerns for safety and sadly a teenage girl was confirmed deceased.
'There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding her death and a file in due course will be prepared for the coroner.
'Officers are currently providing support to family and friends at this difficult time.'
A statement has also been released on the Hopton-on-sea news community Facebook page which said: 'Hopton sadly has sadness in the community today after a lovely families life was thrown into turmoil and grief when there 14 year daughter sadly passed away during her sleep. As a small community we at Hopton news send our sincere condolences to the family and friends whom words wouldn't describe what they must be going though right now,but everyone is sending prayers and thinking of you.'
A Just Giving page has been set up to help support the family and raised its £500 target in less than 24 hours. You can visit the page here.
Did you know Jessica and would like to pay tribute? Email firstname.lastname@example.org