Hundreds of girls show off their skills at football finals on International Women’s Day
- Credit: Archant
More than 250 girls marked International Women's Day by showing off their football skills in the Norfolk School Games finals.
Despite cold and wintry conditions, 35 teams of girls from 27 Norfolk schools participated in the event at Goals Soccer Centre in Norwich on March 8.
The girls football finals were one of a series of sporting events which form the Winter School Games. The event provides a platform for young people to take part in competitive school sport.
The Year 3-4 Girls Finals winner was Firside Junior School, with first runner-up Martham Village Primary School.
The Year 5-6 Girls Finals winner was Martham, with first runner-up Sheringham Community Primary.
You may also want to watch:
School games organiser Jo Thompson said: 'The girls had a fantastic time and there was a brilliant atmosphere at the event.'
For a full list of results and photographs, visit www.norfolkschoolgames.co.uk
- 1 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 2 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 3 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 4 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 9 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available