Norfolk’s aspiring fugitives urged to audition for Channel 4’s Hunted
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk adventure-goers are being asked to audition for the third series of Channel 4 reality show Hunted, which follows 10 ordinary people as they try and evade capture from an elite team of hunters in the hope of winning a large cash prize.
Follow in the footsteps of last series' Lolly Jones who evaded capture in rural Norfolk by hiding out in farmland in Hindringham, near Fakenham.
The Channel 4 show uses state-of-the-art tracking and surveillance techniques as contestants are challenged to avoid capture in the UK for 28 days for the chance to win a share of £100,000.
The hunters are made up former intelligence experts and ex-police investigators headed by Peter Bleksley, who was a founding member of Scotland Yard's undercover unit in the eighties.
Contestants can either compete in teams or individually. Last year's winners were Nick Cummings and Ayo Adesina who won £50,000 each.
Lolly Jones was captured Lee Valley, Hertfordshire, after leaving Norfolk and arranging to meet her friend to collect more money.
You may also want to watch:
However, the intelligence experts had been monitoring her mail and she was captured by someone disguised as a bush in the middle of the night.
Michael Perry, assistant Producer for Shine TV, said: 'Lolly spent much of her time on the run in Norfolk and we would love to hear from other people in the county who think they have what it takes.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
'We are looking for people from a variety of backgrounds and professions who think they have what it takes to disappear in 21st century Britain.'
You can apply hereThe deadline is January 31.