Norfolk rocks! Photographer of the stars puts county in frame with new book
- Credit: CAT
A world-renowned rock art photographer has captured Norfolk through the eyes of an eight-year-old boy.
Nick Elliott, whose images have frequently been featured on album artwork, chose his home county for the setting of Ice Cream & Sun Cream - the first non-music book that he has released.
He has photographed some of the most well-known artists from rock stars such as Iron Maiden, ZZ Top, Thin Lizzy, Motorhead and Metallica to Country and Folk legends Steve Earle, Emmylou Harris, Rosanne Cash and Nanci Griffith.
The culmination of two year's work, the 166-page book features over 200 images of locations in Sheringham, Cromer, Weybourne, Blakeney, Mundesley, Holt, Norwich, and Hunstanton, as well as along the North Norfolk Railway's Poppy Line, which were influenced through family holidays to the area as a child.
Explaining his reasons behind the book, Nick said: 'I wanted to shoot a project in Norfolk that would provoke a mood, a romance, and a time, as seen through the eyes of a boy. I hope that this collection of images portrays the simplicity of that period, and truly captures the innocence and the fantasy world that I created in my mind at that time.
You may also want to watch:
'Ice Cream & Sun Cream is a very personal project. It was influenced by my family holidays of, usually, a two week period spent in Norfolk, and the massive influence these times had on me and my career. Really, for me, this is where it all started.
'I also wanted to commemorate the importance of the guidance and encouragement that my dad had given me at that time when he bought me my first serious camera. These holidays were very much about recording the events of me, my brother, and my mum and dad, as we always did in those days.'
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 6 Do you recognise this man?
- 7 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 10 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
Known for his unique photographic style, Nick's work is also in demand as fine art and he has exhibited in galleries across the UK and Europe. Ice Cream & Sun Cream is the fourth photographic art book that Nick has released, having previously released two books on the legendary Cambridge Folk Festival and one on 60s pop group The Marmalade.
Only 250 copies of the book have been published and are available to buy - priced £75 - at www.nickelliottstore.com