Norfolk rescue team helps find missing Suffolk man, 53
A team from Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue helped find a missing Suffolk man overnight.
Efforts to find the 53-year-old, from Leiston, south of Southwold, began when the incident was reported to Suffolk police at around 5.30pm yesterday.
Coastguards were called to help with the search at around 1am this morning, Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue were paged at 2am and an airfield crew from Wattisham Airfield were called at around 5.45am.
Police said the man was located after he called a family member, and both the family member and officers found the man who was 'walking down a road' in Covehithe, north of Southwold, at around 6.30am.
The man is now being assessed by officers.
You may also want to watch:
Further details on where the man was found and his condition are not yet known.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 10 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent