‘Surreal’ national win for Norwich radio presenter
- Credit: Archant
A presenter at a Norwich radio station has scooped an award.
Sam Day, who presents the breakfast show at Future Radio, has won male presenter of the year at the Community Radio awards 2019.
Mr Day said: "I can't believe it. To receive the best male award is surreal and unbelievable. Future Radio is such a cool thing to be a part of.
"I love to talk about all the diverse and creative things going on in Norwich, play new music and mess around a bit - it's a lovely privilege."
Mr Day joined Future Radio in 2015 after graduating from the University of East Anglia, where he honed his broadcast talents at the university's radio station, Livewire 1350.
You may also want to watch:
Dean Tucker, broadcast coordinator at Future Radio, said: "This is amazing, everyone at Future Radio is thrilled. Sam has worked so hard for this. "This is just the start for him."
Mr Day also works at BBC Radio Norfolk as a producer and broadcast journalist.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk