Norfolk QD stores doubles its fundraising target
- Credit: Hannah Bloom
A Norfolk chain of shops has more than doubled its fundraising target for charity.
QD Stores have raised nearly £52,000 for given East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) Nook appeal.
The chain signed Up to the nook business network in April in 2015, pleaging to raise £25,000 to help EACH build a new children's hospice for families in Norfolk.
Since then the company has raised money through sky dives, bake sales, head shaves and sporting challenges.
Associate director of trading, James Collins, and co-ordinator David George, from QD, presented EACH fundraiser Sophie Mayes with a cheque for £37,630. Combined with a cheque for £14,000 presented last year, bringing the total raised by the retailer to £51,630.
Mr Collins said: 'We set out to raise £25,000 and we are all over the moon that we have doubled our target. Our customers have also been brilliant in helping us in our quest to raise money for this excellent cause.'
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 10 'Let's get this built' - Unanimous support for new £12m Norfolk hospital unit