Norfolk producer features in list of UK’s top theatre professionals
A Norwich-born producer has been featured in The Stage newspaper's annual top 100 UK theatre professionals list for the seventh time.
Thirty-eight-year-old Richard Jordan, a former Hethersett High School student and who grew up in Cringleford, is listed alongside the likes of actress Cate Blanchett, director Trevor Nunn, and fellow producer Cameron Mackintosh in the new list.
The achievement completes a golden year of awards for the producer who in March received a Laurence Olivier Award for the play Roadkill, a brutal drama about human trafficking which he co-produced with Theatre Royal Stratford East, the Barbican, and Pachamama Productions.
In summer 2013 Mr Jordan will co-produce the play's American premiere with seasons in Chicago and New York.
Also in 2012, Mr Jordan co-produced Othello The Remix which was performed at Shakespeare's Globe, in London, as well as in Germany and Edinburgh, and won the 2012 MTM UK Award for best musical and best lyrics. He also received the 2012 Scotsman Fringe First Award and Total Theatre Award for co-producing with Belgian company Ontroerend Goed the show All That is Wrong.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jordan discovered his love of theatre through visits as a child to the Norwich Theatre Royal. He is a patron of Norwich Playhouse, and was a patron for Norwich's European City of Culture bid and the Norwich Theatre Royal 250 appeal. In 1998 he formed Richard Jordan Productions Ltd which has produced more than 170 productions in the UK and internationally.
- 1 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 2 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 3 Builder wants zero affordable homes in development – after promising 13
- 4 Rogue trader jailed after taking thousands of pounds from customers
- 5 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 6 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 7 Seafront Bath House homes for sale again after price drop
- 8 More than 40pc of people in Norfolk have now had their first Covid jab
- 9 Seafront beach chalets demolished as part of major £1.6m scheme
- 10 A11 closure as lorries with huge loads get stuck at roadworks