Rescuers scrambled to car in pond after two vehicles overturn
- Credit: Archant
Rescuers are on scene after a car landed in a pond when two cars collided and overturned near the A11.
Police were called to the B1172 London Road at Suton, between Wymondham and Besthorpe, close to the A11, at 12.48pm, where two cars overturned after a collision.
One of the cars was found in a pond off the side of the road.
The road has been closed in both directions as officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team and South Norfolk Police work with the East of England Ambulance Service and Norfolk Fire and Rescue.
The ambulance service said they sent a hazardous area response team, three ambulances, ambulance officer and air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Four fire engines from Wymondham, Attleborough, Sprowston and Carrow were also called to the scene, where they used a water rescue tender, sled and winches to rescue an injured passenger, who was then passed into the care of ambulance crews.
A police officer at the scene said that there were serious injuries involved.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
FIre crews left the scene at 3pm, but police remain on scene where two recovery vehicles have now arrived to remove the wreckage of the cars.
Police are asking drivers to avoid the area.
For regular updates about the county's roads, follow our live traffic map.