Norfolk police ask have you seen missing Barry, from Downham Market?
- Credit: Archant
Police are issuing a fresh appeal for information to trace a missing Downham Market man who was last seen three months ago today.
Barry Birch, 44, was last seen near his home in James Scott Close in the early hours of Saturday, December 28.
Officers from Downham Market safer neighbourhood team will be mark the anniversary of bhis disappearence by distributing missing person posters and talking to residents to raise awareness that Barry is still missing.
Specialist police search teams have also been in an area around Denver this week as part of the investigation, including a search of the Denver Sluice, Relief and Cut-Off channels, assisted by the Fire and Rescue Service.
Det Insp Marie James of the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team, who is now leading the investigation, said: 'Three months have passed since Barry Birch was last seen, and we continue to be concerned for his welfare.
You may also want to watch:
'Our investigation so far has not uncovered any evidence to suggest that Barry's disappearance is any way suspicious but clearly concern has grown with the passage of time. Barry has on-going health concerns and has now missed several medical appointments since his disappearance.
'Barry's family are desperate to hear from him so they know he is safe and I would ask anyone with any information about where Barry maybe now to come forward. We will always investigate all lines of enquiry.'
- 1 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 2 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 6 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 7 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 8 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 9 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
Barry is described as white, of slim build and 5ft 8ins tall. He has hazel eyes, is usually clean shaven and has short, light brown hair.
He is believed to have been wearing a dark-coloured duffle coat when he disappeared.
Anyone with information about Barry Birch and where he maybe now is asked to call Norfolk police on 101.