‘Event had a real buzz’ - Oddfellows host coffee morning to combat loneliness
- Credit: Archant
A group which aims to promote friendship has held a coffee morning in a bid to combat loneliness.
The Heart of Norfolk Oddfellows held the event at The George Hotel in Dereham as part of its 'great big friendship month'.
Rosemary Fraser, from the Oddfellows social committee, said: 'We understand how tough it can be to get out there and form new friendships, especially the older we all get, which is why the Oddfellows places such emphasis on celebrating fiendship month during September.
'The event had a real 'buzz' about it and we loved welcoming new people along on the day.'
The coffee morning was held on September 20.
Paula Grigglestone, the Oddfellows branch secretary added: 'For more information about the events we host or how to become a member of the Oddfellows, just call me on 01362 696 536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.'
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 4 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 5 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 10 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades