Driver, 23, died after Mercedes crashed into tree on rural road, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old Norfolk man died after a car crash in the south of the county, an inquest has heard.
The inquest opened on Tuesday (December 18) at Norfolk Coroners Court into the death of Harold Mason, from Manor Barn, Norwich Road, Chedgrave.
Senior Coroner from Norfolk, Jacqueline Lake, said that Mr Mason died on December 9 this year on the Norwich Road at Hedenham.
The medical cause of death was multiple injuries due to a road traffic collision, Ms Lake said.
The inquest into his death was adjourned until April 25 next year.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the crash, emergency services were called to the B1332 at Hedenham.
A silver Mercedes, which had been travelling toward Norwich, had crashed into a tree.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 4 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 5 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 6 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 9 Norfolk driver to replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir GP
- 10 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
Firefighters from Carrow in Norwich had gone to the scene and used rescue equipment, but the driver was pronounced dead.