Norfolk Knitters hold annual summer event in Norwich
Knitters from all over Norfolk came together for an annual summer event in north Norwich on Friday.
The Norfolk Knitters had a red, white and blue theme for their summer event at the Christ Church Centre, in Magdalen Road, with a raffle and tombola, wool and patterns and tea, coffee and cakes.
Organiser Linda Brown, from Weston Longville, said: 'It was absolutely brilliant. There were members from King's Lynn, Hunstanton, Sheringham, Dereham, Fakenham, from far and wide.
'Norfolk Knitters now has about 880 members across 17 meeting groups and about 40 different groups like WI groups and ladies circles who knit for us.'
There was a display of the knitting the group, which was established four years ago, does for different charities.
They send around 50 sacks of knitting a month to the International Aid Trust as well as premature baby clothes to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, hedgehogs to the hedgehog rescue appeal and other items to a whole range of charities.
Mrs Brown added: 'The reason we are so successful is that we give everybody a sense of purpose about what they are doing. Old people are often having things done for them, so it is nice to have a purpose and do something like knit for children and mothers who are in a domestic abuse shelter.'
- 1 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 2 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 3 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 4 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 5 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 9 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 10 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
For more information, call 01603 872762 or go to www.norfolkknitters.org.uk