Norfolk groups to benefit from new fund
A new fund has been launched to give community and voluntary groups across Norfolk a chance to bid for a share of �449,000.
The Norfolk Community Fund has been set up by the Norfolk County Strategic Partnership to help charities, social enterprises and voluntary groups to support their local communities.
One-off grants of between �500 and �5,000 will be available for the groups to support and create projects that strengthen local communities or stimulate new, sustainable local services.
It will be administered quarterly by the Norfolk Community Foundation.
Derrick Murphy, leader of Norfolk County Council and chairman of the Norfolk County Strategic Partnership, said: 'We already have a very strong voluntary and community sector in Norfolk and we value their work tremendously. However we want to empower communities to be in a stronger position to support local people.
You may also want to watch:
'This fund is about supporting community activity and vibrancy with small sums that could make a genuine big difference. We want to see established groups develop new projects.'
The funds will be available to wide range of groups including older people, those with disabilities, young people, church groups, extra-curricular school activities and parish and town councils.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
Graham Tuttle, director of Norfolk Community Foundation, said: 'Following the conclusion of the Government's Grassroots Grants Programme back in March this year the creation of this Community Fund by Norfolk County Strategic Partnership is extremely important to the sector as many groups look for new funding opportunities to continue their valuable community work.'
The Bishop of Norwich, The Rt Rev Graham James added: 'I'm delighted that the Norfolk County Strategic Partnership has chosen to use Norfolk Community Foundation to channel such a significant charitable fund to our local communities. It's an imaginative way of making the best possible use of these monies for the benefit of the county we love. It's also a vote of confidence in the way Norfolk Community Foundation has done its work since its inception just six years ago.'
Groups needing further information can contact Norfolk Community Foundation on 01603 623958 or email email@example.com
The closing date for the first round of applications is Friday, November 25.