Norfolk glamour model’s special gift to the air ambulance
Come Dine With Me television show winner Polly Guy has visited the air ambulance base in Norwich to hand over a chunk of her winnings to the charity.
The glamour model won �1,000 on the hit reality show when it filmed in Norwich recently.
The 29-year-old said she wanted to donate half of her winnings to the East Anglian Air Ambulance, which helped her mother, Anna Guy, when the retired GP was in a serious road crash on the outskirts of Norwich two-and-a-half years ago.
Miss Guy, from Bergh Apton, was one of four Norwich contestants to take part in the Channel 4 programme, which has a cult following among viewers.
Each home chef has to host a dinner party for the other three, and they are then scored by their guests for the quality of food and entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Guy, who has spoken frankly in the past about her own battle with bulimia, said she had also seen the air ambulance's work first hand after witnessing another road traffic accident recently.
She said: 'I just think they need as much help as they can get and I wanted to thank them for saving mum's life.'
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
Come Dine With Me has been filming in Norwich again this week. The show visited popular independent book shop, The Book Hive, in London Street, on Thursday to film one of the segments where a contestant receives and reads that night's dinner menu.