Tickets still available for Carols for Christmas service for a good cause
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
You've voted for your favourite Christmas carols in our poll, now come along to our Carols for Christmas service tonight to hear them in the atmospheric surroundings of St Peter Mancroft Church.
Along with mince pies, mulled wine and garish jumpers, Christmas carols are at the heart of seasonal tradition, with the classics observing the birth of Jesus Christ and the more contemporary versions celebrating the merriment of the season.
For those who prefer to forgo sleep in heavenly peace to sing for the twelfth night in a row, Christmas carols can be heartwarming experience bringing young and old together. 'Tis the season to be jolly, after all.
But what is Norfolk's favourite Christmas carol? According to our poll results it is in fact Silent Night.
Carols for Christmas
This year, the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News Carols for Christmas service will take place at St Peter Mancroft Church, Norwich, on Tuesday, December 11.
The joyous occasion will raise funds for Norwich-based charity The Hamlet Centre, which provides recreational, educational and social opportunities for children and adults with profound disabilities and complex health needs.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 3 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 4 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 5 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 6 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 7 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 8 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
- 9 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 10 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
Doors will open at 6pm with the service scheduled to start at 7pm.
Tickets cost £5 and can be booked by calling 01603 772174 or online at www.edp24.co.uk/carols.
Tickets can also be bought in person at the front office of the EDP and Evening News head office in Rouen Road, Norwich and will be available to buy on the door tonight.