Norfolk FA create competition to support Rainbow Laces LGBT inclusion campaign
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norfolk Football Association has announced a competition assisting their Rainbow Laces campaign, which shows support for LGBT inclusion.
The campaign is a way for everyone involved in football to show their support for LGBT equality and inclusivity.
Rachel Cossey, Football Development Officer for Norfolk FA said: 'Our Rainbow Laces competition is a great way for clubs to support a fantastic campaign in promoting LGBT inclusion.
'It is delivering an important message that our LGBT community is welcome in Norfolk Football and will hopefully spark some friendly competition in the process.'
There are two categories in the competition, one for individuals and another for clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Winners of the individual competition will receive two tickets to the Norwich City Rainbow Laces feature match, while the club competition will see the winning team receive five Nike match balls, five coaching clipboards and a £40 Discount Football Kits voucher.
The campaign itself will run across three weekends from 17 November - 2 December.
For more information on the competition visit Norfolk FA's website.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction