WATCH: Norfolk couple transform vintage caravan into quirky mobile prosecco bar
- Credit: stuart crabb
A couple from Little Plumstead have transformed a 1970s caravan into a quirky new business venture.
Stuart Crabb, 31, has been running a mobile bar business for three years, catering for weddings and parties across Norfolk.
He started it as a side project while also working for Broadland Council driving road sweepers.
Mr Crabb said: 'I always knew I wanted to work for myself and not have to drive road sweepers forever, so I started the bar hire and have built that up from nothing to the point where I could leave my job.
'I left the council in October 2017 and have spent the last few months converting our vintage caravan into a prosecco bar.
'I wanted to create something with a bit more of a wow factor that would be ideal for weddings, we looked online and found a 1976 Sprite Ariel which had been rotting away in a field for some years.'
He added: 'As we bought it quite quickly, we hadn't taken into account how much work would go into converting it and I had absolutely no experience with anything like this, so I have had to teach myself what to do with every step of the process.'
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 5 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 8 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 9 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
- 10 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
The bubbly business venture, called Crabb & Fox Bar, is now finished and ready to be hired for events in Norfolk and the surrounding areas. It comes with a 'pimp your prosecco' table for each booking, which includes fresh berries and cordials.
For more information visit crabbandfoxbar.co.uk