Norfolk Coroner joins friends on marathon charity challenge
- Credit: Archant
Three friends are running marathons to raise money for a charity that provides support for renal patients in Norfolk.
Jacqueline Lake, who is the Norfolk Coroner, Charlie Harwood and Lloyd McMurtary have already run several this year.
Mrs Lake said: 'Charlie and I have completed the Peddars Way Ultra (48 miles) and Marriott's Way marathon. Charlie completed 100 miles and Lloyd 70 miles at Enduroman in May and I ran the Paris marathon in April.
'We have all completed the Thetford forest marathon and two marathons at Barrow, Bury St Edmunds.
'Charlie and I are aiming to complete the Norfolk Coastal Path on June 10 (60 miles), and then it's 10 marathons in 10 days from June 29 to July 8 at Barrow.'
You may also want to watch:
They are also hosting a race night at Swaffham Golf Club on October 7 and will be holding raffles throughout the year to raise money for the Norfolk Renal Fund.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns