Norfolk Colleges of West Anglia students secure top three places in regional competition
- Credit: Archant
A student from Stiffkey, near Wells, has secured top place in a regional competition.
Molly Pickels, 16, from the College of West Anglia's King's Lynn campus came first in the WorldSkills UK competition in Birmingham.
WorldSkills UK brings together apprentices and young people from across the country to compete to be the best in their chosen skill.
The competitions inspire young people to be ambitious and aims to equip them with life-long skills.
Molly was one of three College of West Anglia students who competed against six of the country's top social care students from colleges in London and The Midlands. Harriet McDonald, 19, from King's Lynn came second and Megan Clark, 17, from Wisbech was placed third.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants were judged in four categories, which required them to role play health or social care scenarios to demonstrate their caring skills and knowledge.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 6 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 7 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash