Norfolk churches join in worldwide prayer event
Christians from across East Anglia will be joining women across the world on Friday for a global day of prayer.
The interdenominational Women's World Day of Prayer (WWDP) is on Friday and it will start in Tonga and continue for 35 hours with the final service in Western Samoa.
An estimated 170 countries will be taking part and more than 5,000 services will be held in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Women from Chile have written the service called 'How many loaves have you?'
Jean Hackett, president of the national committee of the WWDP movement, said: 'This is always an exciting day as a great wave of prayer sweeps the world.
'Although organised and led by women, this is essentially a day of prayer for everybody as we demonstrate our solidarity with our sisters and brothers in other countries.'
Among the services in Norfolk are: St Peter and St Paul Church in Swaffham, 2pm; Spixworth Methodist Church, 2.30pm (speaker the Rev Sharon Willimott); Neatishead Baptist Church, 9.45am; Mattishall Methodist Church, 2pm, (speaker Vicky Brown from Norwich); Horsham St Faiths Parish Church, 7.30pm (speaker Paulette Yallop); Watton Methodist Church, 2.30pm; Downham Market Sovereign Centre on Downham's Trafalgar Industrial Estate. 2.30pm; Magdalen Way Methodist Church in Gorleston, 1.30pm; Pott Row Methodist Chapel, 11am; Roman Catholic Church of the Holy Family in Gaywood, 2pm (speaker Elizabeth Walker); Dereham Salvation Army, 2,30pm and All Saints Church, North Runcton, 7.30pm, St Mary's Parish Church, Old Hunstanton, 2pm and North Walsham Methodist Church, 2pm.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 5 City councillor investigated after Facebook golliwog post complaint
- 6 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 7 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Greyhound saved from euthanasia among five dogs looking for homes
WWDP Website: www.wwdp-natcomm.org.