Norfolk chocolatier teams up with M&S for new Paddington Bear Christmas range
- Credit: Archant
One of the country's biggest retailers has teamed up with a Norfolk chocolatier to create a new range of Paddington Bear-inspired treats.
Kinnerton confectionery has worked closely with Marks & Spencer to design chocolate products that celebrate one of fiction's most famous bears, who is also the star of this year's M&S Christmas advert.
The experts at Kinnerton spent six months working alongside M&S product developers to design the new festive range, taking their inspiration from key features of the character.
They include a suitcase tin of chocolates product which is made to look like Paddington's suitcase, complete with labels from the bear's travels.
Paddington's distinctive red hat and wellington boots are also key features of the range, which will be available for a limited time across M&S stores in Norfolk and around the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Katy Patino, M&S chocolate developer, said: 'Novelty Christmas gifts and goodies have always been favourites with our customers and we want to ensure we continue to capture their imagination with our Paddington Bear range.
'We have worked closely with Kinnerton to produce fun, creative treats that are inspired by character which we believe truly captures the heart-warming spirit of Christmas.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
Kinnerton is Fakenham's biggest employer and the country's largest independent manufacturer of chocolate and novelty confectionery. The company's designers have been working with M&S since 1990 and their collaboration has led to a number of unique Christmas products.
Sarah Varney, Kinnerton's Christmas innovation manager for M&S, said: 'When M&S provided the Paddington Bear brief to us we were so excited and couldn't wait to get designing.
'Once we had the outline for the products, we worked closely with product developers from M&S to refine the creations.'
Kinnertons will also produce a number of other themed products based on big name brands, including Paw Patrol and Trolls.
In September the company announced it would be expanding its workforce to deal with increasing demand by recruiting 50 new permanent roles, as well as taking on up to 250 staff members on temporary contracts.