Norfolk chocolates crowned tastiest Easter treat in the UK
- Credit: booja-booja
Chocolates made by a Norfolk company have beaten out competition from over 140 products to win a national taste test.
Booja-Booja's hazelnut crunch chocolate truffles have been named the best in the UK by the Good Housekeeping Institute following a blind taste test of 142 Easter eggs and chocolates.
The dairy, gluten and soya-free truffles earned the top score, ranking higher than chocolates from Lindt, Marks & Spencer and Hotel Chocolat.
A team of 80 testers sampled the products across categories including best for kids and best novelty eggs.
Good Housekeeping said the hazelnut chocolates won because of their 'smooth truffle filling and elegant hand-painted velvet-lined box.'
You may also want to watch:
Based in Brooke, near Norwich, Booja-Booja was first set up in 1999 and prides itself on using a minimal number of simple organic ingredients.
A spokesman for the company said they were 'over the moon' to have come out top in the taste test.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
• Have you tried Booja-Booja chocolate? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below.