Norfolk charities come together in new campaign to encourage people to write wills
- Credit: Archant
Charities are trying to encourage more people to write wills by holding a series of workshops.
As part of a new campaign, will writing sessions will be free for people who make a small donation.
The Norfolk WILL Help was launched by Nelson's Journey and the charities taking part include Age UK Norwich, The Benjamin Foundation, Norfolk and Norwich Association for the Blind and Big C.
Founded after a survey revealed that the cost of writing a will was one reason why two thirds of adults have not made one.
Simon Wright, chief executive of Nelson's Journey, said: 'At the start of a New Year, many people will be making resolutions. Having a will written in early 2016 would be a great commitment to make.
'At Nelson's Journey, we are reminded daily that many people reach the end of their life much earlier than expected. It is therefore essential to have your future wishes in place whatever stage of life you're at so that your loved ones are taken care for.'
Solicitors and will writers across the county have donated free appointments to the campaign - asking only for suggested donation of £50 for a single will or £100 for mirror wills.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 4 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 5 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 6 City councillor investigated after Facebook golliwog post complaint
- 7 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 8 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 9 Key worker couple celebrate 'fairy tale' day after winning £32,000 wedding
- 10 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
The money raised will be split equally between the five charities to help fund their services throughout February.
Nelson's Journey created the campaign after a poll of 2,000 people found that 25pc said they were putting off writing a will until they were older and 13pc said creating one had never crossed their minds.
Any solicitors and members of the Society of Will Writers wanting to get involved should contact Nelson's Journey on 01603 431788.
- For information about the will writers and solicitors involved, visit www.norfolkwillhelp.co.uk
- If you have a news story, email email@example.com