Norfolk celebs send 30th birthday wishes to cat adoption centre
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A host of Norfolk celebrities have sent birthday wishes to a cat adoption centre which has turned 30.
Rick Wakeman and Jake Humphrey were among those to salute Cats Protection’s Downham Market Adoption Centre as it reached the milestone.
Mr Wakeman, who lives near Diss and is best known for his role in prog rock band Yes, called the charity "so special".
He added: "My wife and I have continually marvelled at all they do, none more so than the Downham Market team.
“Having adopted some very special cats over the years from Cats Protection, we know first-hand how important they are."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Humphrey, from Norwich, sent a special congratulations message, while ITV Anglia presenter Becky Jago praised the centre for "keeping going throughout this weird time”.
Since opening in 1991, the Downham refuge has cared for more than 20,000 cats from across Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 5 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
While Covid restrictions meant a proper party was not possible, a virtual balloon race starting on Monday will kick off a summer of celebration.
To enter, visit balloonrace.com/CPDownhamMarket.