Will Gorleston's splashpad open this summer?
- Credit: Lauren De Boise
Coronavirus forced one of Gorleston seafront's most popular attractions to close last summer.
But will the splashpad reopen this year?
Current plans are that it will, with its fountains scheduled to fire up again on Thursday, July 1.
The splashpad doesn’t usually open for seven days a week until the school summer holidays begin, so the opening times from that date will initially be weekends only.
Use of the seaside site will also be aligned with any government restrictions in place at the time.
You may also want to watch:
In previous years, the splashpad has closed in September, two weeks after children normally return to school.
The £300,000 free-to-use attraction, which features fountain sprays, jet streams and buckets of tipping water, opened in August 2018, replacing a 1960’s built paddling pool that was deemed to have had its day.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 6 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 7 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
Thousands of children enjoyed it during that summer's heatwave.