Norfolk-based charity Keeping Abreast urge people to get involved in fundraising week
- Credit: Keeping Abreast
A Norfolk-based charity which supports those suffering from breast cancer is gearing up to hold its 4th national fundraising week.
The annual event, known as Booby Cupcake Week, is one of the main fundraisers for Keeping Abreast, and this year will take place from April 1 - 8.
For its 10-year anniversary, Keeping Abreast is looking to make this year's event an even bigger success, and is asking everyone from businesses, supporters and volunteers to get baking, and have some decorating fun.
Events held will raise vital funds to continue the support offered to women faced with breast cancer reconstruction.
The face of the campaign is Jacky Robertson, former chairman of the Bristol and Cheltenham group.
You may also want to watch:
She said that after surviving mastectomy and breast cancer treatment, having reconstruction and getting her natural shape and cleavage back was 'the cherry on the top of the cake', and that was the start of Booby Cupcake Week.
Lisa Becker from Keeping Abreast said: 'A number of coffee mornings, afternoon teas and cake sales have already been planned across the country and it is hoped that even more people will get involved.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 4 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 5 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 6 Pedestrian dies following collision with a bus on A146
- 7 Road in west Norfolk still closed seven hours after 'very serious' crash
- 8 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Fourteen green spaces in Norfolk named among best in UK
'By baking and selling cupcakes and other treats to friends and family at home, at a club or at work will help our charity to continue and expand our network of support groups'.
Keeping Abreast holds regular support group meetings at locations across the UK where women, with their friends and family, can come together and share their hopes, fears and experiences of breast reconstruction.
Women may be newly diagnosed with breast cancer, facing mastectomy, those deciding if reconstruction is right for them, or women post-surgery willing to share their experiences.
The charity also provides one-to one-meetings with volunteers, for those who want to talk privately and see real results of other women's reconstructive surgery in 'show and tell' sessions.
• To get involved and receive a fundraising pack contact Lisa Becker by email at email@example.com or call 01603 667431.
• More details can be found at www.keepingabreast.org.uk or on Facebook @KABoobyCupcakeWeek.