From a hedgehog in a carrot tin to a death dog at sea - 10 animal rescues in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
With the news Mrs Frisbee, a grey seal who nearly died due to a frisbee round her neck, is on the mend JESSICA LONG looks at other animal rescues in the region with a happy ending.
• A hedgehog had to be cut free by staff at the East Winch Wildlife Centre back in 2012 after getting his hedge wedged in an empty carrot tin.
• Three fire engines were needed when a seagull got stuck in a tree in Norwich. The distressed bird had got stuck in twigs near Norwich Market.
• The lifeboat was called out at Happisburgh in 2014 after Clyde the dog swam 500m from the beach while chasing seagulls.
• Bear the dog was hailed a hero in 2013 after he tracked down a neighbour's dog who had been trapped in a collapsed rabbit hole near Stratton Strawless for 36 hours.
You may also want to watch:
• Milly, the partially deaf chocolate labrador, was rescued by the Caister lifeboat crew after swimming a mile out to sea while chasing a gull.
• Grey seal pups orphaned by the 2014 storm surge on the Norfolk coast were released back into the wild after they were cared for by RSPCA staff.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
• Holidaymakers in Cromer helped rescue a border collie in 2015 who had got stuck 6ft down on the edge of the cliff face in Cromer.
• Bobby the cocker spaniel was reunited with his relieved owner after he was rescued from 82ft well in Gimingham after two weeks without food and water.
• A chubby toad, who got stuck between decking panels in a Lakenham garden, had to be rescued by an RSPCA officer with a saw before being taken to the nearest pond.
• Claudia the cat was reunited with her owner after two men in a boat rescued her after she got herself stranded under Dolphin Bridge in Norwich.