Young Norfolk angler lands 30lbs carp
- Credit: Archant
A young Norfolk angler made a significant catch last week when he landed the first 30lb carp of the season at the Bridge Inn Fishery in Lenwade.
Harry Catton, 17, of North Walsham, also caught three other carp weighing from 17lb to 21lb on his overnight fishing session on March 14 and 15.
Clive Dobinson, a bailif at the Bridge Inn Fishery, said his largest fish weighed 31lb and described it as a significant catch so early in the year.
He said: 'Harry made a really good catch and he needs to be congratulated.
'In a whole year only three or four 30lbs plus carp will be caught.
You may also want to watch:
'To make a catch like this so early in the year and in this weather is worth celebrating.'
Mr Dobinson said the main lake at the Bridge Inn Fishery had a newly designed match lake for hire at £60 to clubs for matches as well as day tickets.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
'It has been stocked with 300 carp and also has Bream, Tench along with a massive head of 'silvers'.'