Young Norfolk angler lands 30lbs carp
- Credit: Archant
A young Norfolk angler made a significant catch last week when he landed the first 30lb carp of the season at the Bridge Inn Fishery in Lenwade.
Harry Catton, 17, of North Walsham, also caught three other carp weighing from 17lb to 21lb on his overnight fishing session on March 14 and 15.
Clive Dobinson, a bailif at the Bridge Inn Fishery, said his largest fish weighed 31lb and described it as a significant catch so early in the year.
He said: 'Harry made a really good catch and he needs to be congratulated.
'In a whole year only three or four 30lbs plus carp will be caught.
'To make a catch like this so early in the year and in this weather is worth celebrating.'
Mr Dobinson said the main lake at the Bridge Inn Fishery had a newly designed match lake for hire at £60 to clubs for matches as well as day tickets.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 10 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
'It has been stocked with 300 carp and also has Bream, Tench along with a massive head of 'silvers'.'