Norfolk and Suffolk firefighters attend spate of chimney fires
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Firefighters were called to a spate of chimney fires yesterday.
A fire crew from Harleston attended one on The Street in Mendham, just over the Suffolk border, at about 9.10pm.
Just 10 minutes earlier, Wymondham firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Spicers Lane, Forncett St Mary.
Elsewhere, there were chimney fires at properties in The Street, Billingford, near Reepham, and in Holmes Close, Acle, at about 8.30pm.
Earlier in the day, there was one in The Street, Thorndon, near Eye.
You may also want to watch:
In each case, firefighters used chimney equipment to extinguish the fire and a thermal image camera to check for hotspots.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 4 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham