Norfolk and Norwich Festival ticket sales are up by 15pc
Tickets are selling well for this year's Norfolk and Norwich Festival with a 15pc rise in sales compared to last year.
The arts extravaganza takes place over 16 days in May and will see the city and county become a stage for a huge variety of acts from classical music to giant dinosaurs.
The festival's artistic director William Galinsky said he was delighted that tickets were selling well and that some shows – the Nigel Kennedy Quintet, Berlin Symphony Orchestra, The Sixteen and Festival Jazz Boat – have now sold all of their tickets. However, he stressed ticket returns could become available for these shows and that there were still lots of tickets available for other events.
He said: 'There is still the chance to see some big name acts at this year's festival such as Jerry Dammers' Spatial AKA Orchestra where jazz meets ska, Rian – an exciting fusion of Irish traditional music and contemporary dance and Dan Zanes – the first pop concert we have ever done for kids.'
The festival runs from May 11 until 26.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the festival, visit www.nnfestival.org.uk
Tickets can be booked by calling the box office on 01603 766400 or in person at the Norwich Theatre Royal box office.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 4 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year